11.27.2008

Thanksgiving :)

I always look forward to Thanksgiving, I love the food and the family!
Last year my family left before me and went out to Saratoga Springs.. I had no money to pay for gas and so I got stuck home by myself.

This year was so amazing to not have to worry about getting off work or anything.
I have Wednesday-Sunday for Thanksgiving break.

We woke up and went to the Muhlestein gathering in Lehi and were supposed to eat at 12:30.

It was probably at least 2:00 by the time I got food.
I was completely starving.

We played there for a while and then I got bored.
I don't really have any cousins my age on the Muhlestein side..
Plus most of them weren't there.
Also the kids are more between 6 and up so they aren't as fun to play with as the little little kids.

I gave up around 3:30 when they decided to get out the card games and I went to the Harris gathering. Allex came with me, but everyone else stayed behind.
Around 6 my family made it there.
We had a lot of pies and the kids are littler and play with me more there.

I even saw Sydney who has been going to school at Utah State. Its been months and we used to pretend we were twins.
We never really looked that close alike, but we liked to pretend it.

Slowly, some families left, and then more showed up.
My mom has ten kids in her family so I have a lot of aunts and uncles.. and even more cousins.

Right as my family showed up, I was ready to go.
I dropped Syd off at her house since she was finished with the chaos as well.
Then Allex and I headed home.

It was a lot of fun and I had a lot of food.


Now, I definitely need to get started back up on my workout routine since I have been slacking lately. :)

2 comments:

Staci said...

Brad's extended family is huge so now I know what it's like to have a big Thanksgiving - all sorts of fun, right? It's just so funny when I'll ask Brad who someone is and he has no idea. They're a direct cousin, but he has SO many that he doesn't know all of them. Craziness.

Mason Family Blog :) said...

Yay Thanksgiving! So, on Thursday night I asked Rob where you were, so maybe we could play games or something, he said you were gone, so it was sad :(.
But, I'm glad you had fun with your family!