10.31.2010

School

School sucks. Really bad.

I wish I could just run away from it and be done... but I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.


Currently, I'm supposed to be writing a short short about "murder, in which a murderer is convicted and sentenced to death. Cover the feelings of both the felon and the victim's family in your story. "

Ew.


I haven't written a word yet. I got stuck on the murderers name. At first, I was trying to think of boy names, but what if that's the trick! Maybe in class (ethics and values) he'll bring up how everyone assumes its a boy. What a stereotype it is. But I also don't think I want to do a story about a girl.
Actually, I don't want to do a story at all.


As of lately, I feel like I'm completely overwhelmed by school work. There is always another big project waiting to be done.
It'll never be done.


I had two papers due by Friday and didn't do those until the day of, and I still have a 5 minute powerpoint I have to make up about cancer for biology, and write this stupid short story.

Not to mention the fact I have to help Rob with his math class, which gave us a week and a half to do a HUGE homework assignment (like 70 problems) and prepare for his test this Saturday. And we need to catch up on his Meteorology as we are only on chapter 3, everyone else is scheduled to be on chapter 9.
Also, he has a paper due tonight. Ughh... I forgot about that until just now.

With this semester only half way over, I can't wait until next semester when I can take all electives, minus a stupid humanities class (I ended up dropping Intro to Philosophy.. it was TOO hard when I was at 15 credits. Plus I didn't even understand it.)


With how busy school is keeping me, I'm thinking I want to take a year off before I go into the Special Education program.

I just want things to settle down, and secretly, when I think about being a teacher on my own, it scares me to death.


The teacher I work with is gone 4-5 times a month.... which is a lot! I'm left in charge and I seriously question my decision sometimes. I know as a teacher it will be completely different when its my classroom, and the students will know my authority more. But what if they don't? What if I'm left with a class I can't get control over?

Anyways, right now, I'm content being an aide. I would love to have a year off to just take my time and get more prepared for the idea of being on my own.


We'll see how that ends up going... but I should honestly get back to writing my short story........... hmmm what name should I give to my murderer?

1 comment:

Staci said...

Fall semester always seems to be a tough one because of all the events that happen, but stick with it, it's worth it in the end! I'm sorry you're stressed and feel like you're falling behind. I always tell students to make a list of things that need to be done, then put them in order starting with what should be done first. Start on the first thing and don't think about anything else until it's DONE, then do the same with each assignment/task afterward. I know it's basic advice, but you'd be surprised how many people don't apply it.

I think it's great that you're getting the experience you are getting while being an aide, it will really help you figure out if you really want to do that. Taking time off would be good, but it's also nice just to get school done while you're in the mode and can. You're awesome regardless of what you do!