10.01.2011

Breast Cancer

In case you didn't know, October is breast cancer awareness month.

A few years ago I ran in the Race for the Cure up in Salt Lake.
My friend Amber got me into it since we had volunteered for a school project the year before.

I loved that it was for a good cause.

There was a lovely lady named Kari Mason that I had the privileged of knowing. She had a tough trial of fighting cancer, but through it she was able to still have a miracle baby.

After Ellie was born, only a few short years later Kari was taken by the cancer.

I ran that race for the cure for her.

I was in completely shock when I found out that my grandma had breast cancer.

I went completely numb.


Luckily, they had it quick enough that with surgery and then some radiation they were able to take care of it.

But still, its the scariest moment to find out someone you love has cancer.

No matter how minor or major it might be.

I love my grandma more than anything. I've always been able to talk to her and she's always been there for me.

With everything she's been through, I couldn't believe that I was hearing she had cancer.


She is lucky enough to still have her life and be cancer free.

I couldn't be more thankful for that.


So I tell you this so that you can support breast cancer awareness month this October.
[And really any time of the year.]

Donate to a charity. Go buy some earrings from Payless Shoes. Do something.
And hope that you or someone you love doesn't have to go through the trial of having breast cancer.

No comments: