7.01.2012

It was my birthday!


Last Thursday was my birthday and I'm officially twenty-two.
I'm getting old.

I actually got spoiled the day before by both my dad and Robert.

Rob got me a new Kitchen Aid  mixer! I love it so much! Rob would like it to be known that I screwed up the recipe for my first attempt at using the mixer.

[The recipe had a tsp for teaspoon and a t (lowercase) for tablespoon. I only put in 4 teaspoons of cocoa instead of 4 tablespoons because it had a lowercase t. Oh well.. it was still good!]


My dad took my car and got the windows tinted for me! It looks super good but I have yet to go take pictures. Imagine it looking so beautiful and classy. I'll get some pictures though because it is amazing.

Then on my birthday I got to have my first experience of having my birthday at school!
Maggie and Sydney were so great to have a party for me and Sydney even brought donuts.
[doughnuts? donuts? I like donuts better...]

We had a few behaviors to deal with throughout the day but it was fun to just have a party at the end of the school day.

After summer school I picked up the boy I work with and headed over to Nelson's Grove in Orem for Rise's Summer Program.

Turns out... I hate that park for doing summer program. No shade and it was muggy and just gross. I even had the sprinklers spray me when I attempted to sit in the little of shade there was. After moving to another tree a dog came over and kicked up dirt at me. The lady was just letting her dog run wild and it was bothering me. Dirt on wet clothes=mud. Awesome.

Katie was so great though and brought some delicious raspberry rolls and a cute little gift.


Finally at four I got to drop my boy off and go back home. Rob decided to get us Pizza Factory take-out and we rented Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. I really like that movie but I probably made it 10 minutes into the movie before I fell asleep. I was so tired and just crashed.

A birthday nap is exactly what I needed.



That weekend we went to Brick Oven to have a night out and I must say it was super delicious. 
On Sunday Rob's family was super great and had a birthday dinner for me as well. Guess what we had... Pasta! My favorite. [That was a lot of pasta in a short time-frame.]


Rob's sister Jessica got me a cute picture frame with wire for hanging up earrings. Turns out.. I have a lot of earrings! Who would have known?!


Rob's brother and sister-in-law got me the cutest picture frame that has a film strip to put the pictures in. Perfect since I love photography.

Rob's parents were great and got me a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond. I need to go shopping!


It was a great day this year and I can't believe I'm seriously this old.
Geez.

I can't wait to see what the next year brings!

No comments: