7.03.2013

Boondocks - June 20

Rob playing miniature golf
Spinners 
Brylie swinging behind her back and with her eyes closed
On June 20th, we got to go to Boondocks for Rob's work party. I had just gotten done with doing respite all week and sleeping at someone else's house and hadn't seen Rob for basically 4 days. That's the longest we've been apart. (awwww)

So that night, we headed up to Sandy and used a gift certificate that Rob had received for Christmas form his sister. It was to Carvers Steak and Seafood. I thought it would be like a little better version of Texas Roadhouse.
Clearly, I was off by a million percent. I walked in with shorts and a tank top and Rob was wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and a hat. We were so under dressed it wasn't even funny. We went on like nothing was wrong and started to pick from the menu. That is when we realized how classy the place really was... and how little on the menu I would be able to eat. [note: I am the pickiest person you will ever meet.]
Finally, I decided on a salad and added chicken so we could still use the gift certificate. I don't even like chicken. But it was the best part of the salad. It was dripping the dressing and I HATE salad dressing. I basically just eat the lettuce in salads. I was literally taking a bite, taking a swish of water to rinse off the dressing, chewing a few times, then swallowing the rest in my mouth like a pill. It was entertaining for Rob but certainly not for me.

After dinner we headed over to Boondocks, which made up for the not so fun dinner for me. We did go-karts, miniature golf (best ever!), arcade games, and laser tag. It was so fun to go and not have to worry about anything. The best part of the night was playing golf. At Boondocks they have these spinners... they weren't on every hole, but we definitely used them when they were available. You had to spin before everyone started and then you had to follow the instructions. Some things were for your benefit, and others made it more difficult on you.

A few we had were:
  • Use your foot instead of the club
  • Your opponent must do their first swing backwards, behind their back
  • Swing your first hit with your eyes closed
  • Take 1 away from your end score
  • Switch scores at the end of the hole with any opponent
  • Switch balls after the first hit of every player
It really was so fun... it made the night so much more enjoyable because I'm horrible at golf and it put me on an even playing field with Rob.

After our time was up we cashed in all our tickets and bought all candy - yummy! We ate it on the way home and just enjoyed being back together.

No comments: