11.29.2014

Umm. Wait.. What?!

So I had given up hope that I would get a classroom this school year and just put it in the back of my mind that I could get one, hopefully, in the fall.

Then I got an email from someone at the district.

They're opening a new classroom starting just after Christmas Break in January.

Of course, my first thought was that if they were expanding and needing a new classroom that it would probably not be close to home. I would have to really travel to get to it.

Then she said it would be in South Orem.
Um.. I live in Orem!

So then I started getting in contact with USU to make sure I would be able to get into the program.
Yep. They do it all the time - it would just take 2 1/2 years to do it instead of the traditional 2.

So now I'm preparing like crazy in case I actually get it.


I still have to interview. I still have to go up against teachers who are already certified.

But I'm hoping my 6+ years of experience can help set me apart. Hopefully.


So this Thanksgiving Break I've worked on creating and printing and sewing a calendar set, made a visual schedule (with a million options so I'm sure to have everything), and gathered some toys and things that would be helpful in my classroom. I also am in the process of making Rob help me perfect my resume & cover letter.

I want the job so badly and I feel like I'm so close but so far away. It terrifies me though that in a month I could have my own classroom. I'll be leaving the world of aides and actually be in charge.


I think the hardest thing for me that I had to do was let Maggie know. If I get this job I wouldn't be able to be her long term substitute. Of course this news came after I was all ready to be hired at any moment by the subbing company.
She's been supportive though and there to answer questions. It wasn't until after I told her that I was able to actually get excited about it.

So now in the next week I'll hopefully get all applied and interview soon.
Then I'll have two weeks over Christmas Break to get a classroom all ready to go.

[Two weeks is not enough time! Ahhh!]

No comments: