6.06.2010

San Diego/Oceanside

Early Tuesday (June 1st) I woke up at 3:30 to get ready for my trip to San Diego with Kelli. It was SOOOO early but I was anxious to get going.

TUESDAY
She picked me up at about 5 and we headed up to the airport. It was a quick 2 hour flight with a stop in Phoenix. The flight went well except on our landing in Phoenix. My eye had a pounding pain and wouldn't stop watering. It was awful and I thought my eye would pop out. The second landing went smooth though.

Once we arrived Kelli's Mom (Sherry), two sisters (Brenda and Tara), and Tara's Friend Kim.

We headed right to the San Diego Zoo where we looked at every single animal. Most of them twice even!
It was cool since I haven't been there since I was young and didn't remember anything. I took tons of pictures (soon to follow).

We then headed home and instantly went swimming.
After we headed to Dominic's for some delicious pizza :). I used my left overs for my dinner the whole week as I am too picky to eat whatever the other people were.

We also took a walk on the beach and spent some time in our Worldmark Resort. I didn't have to pay a dime for the hotel which was SWEEEEEEET.

Kelli and I also made a quick trip to the grocery store to purchase some yummy snacks.

WEDNESDAY
We got up and headed to Sea World! I was the most excited to see Sea World but ended up a tad let down. For $70 a day it was not worth it. The shows were alright and didn't have much to look at. It wasn't an all day adventure at all.

I did enjoy the Shamu show "Believe" though.

We returned to the beach as it was only a short walk from the resort and rinsed off in the swimming pool.

THURSDAY
We decided to have a day just to relax. We spent some time at the beach and even made a sand turtle!

After the time at the beach we walked through the shops at the harbor and I bought a few things.

Later that night we headed to the next town over, Carlsbad, and had dinner with Kelli's cousin Greg at a Mexican restaurant called Los Olas (it means the waves). I had a quesadilla and it was quite yummy.

We ended up watching movies for the rest of the night taking it easy.

FRIDAY
First we headed down back to Carlsbad to do some shopping but didn't really find a whole lot. Instead we made our way to the beach down there and looked for shells. I found a few but was a little disappointed by how few they had.

We got some more sun and after an hour Brenda and Sherry were tired and wanted to go back.

I spent a good amount of time talking to Rob about the funeral and other things about the week. I always had to go on the balcony when I wanted to call or text anyone since T Mobile had NO service inside. It sucked. Then I met everyone down at the pool.

Later in the evening Kelli, Tara, Kim, and I walked down to the gas station to have some treats to eat while watching a movie. I missed most of the movies because I was too occupied talking to Rob again on the phone.

The best part was the Del Taco down the street. Tacos were on sale for 36 cents. Yes that's 13 cents cheaper than Utah.

I packed up most of my stuff and went to bed exhausted.

SATURDAY
In the morning I was anxious to get home and see Rob. I missed him really bad and was excited he was picking me up. The flight wasn't bad and it went by pretty quick. As soon as I saw him I ran to his arms and gave him the biggest hug.

Since we were already in Salt Lake and we needed to get some extra credit we stopped at the Clark Planetarium. It was so cool and I was so much more fascinated than I would have ever been if I wasn't taking this class.
We then headed down home and went to the Pizza Pie Cafe since Scott and Emily said it was the place to go.

I though it was very delicious and is one of my new favorites. Please check it out.
After dinner we went to Prince of Persia .. it was alright, and I mostly just enjoyed spending the time with Rob but I don't plan on seeing the movie ever again.

1 comment:

Mason Family Blog :) said...

Best restaurant ever right!! I am so glad you guys went there!!! It is so good and not very expensive either! And the dessert pizza is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yummy : ) Sounds like you had a really good vacation : )